Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Morning play

I start every morning giving the rams their all-grain, and then the ewes. And then Luna and I feed Lily. After we return Lily to the fields (yes I caught that) we feed Matilda. She has started bawling like every other animal. Breakfast is a very loud time of day.  She and Luna do a little dance and then we get to business. She gets a couple handfulls of  "calf starter" now, a solid pellet feed that helps her stomachs develop, as well as her bottle.  In the morning before the chickens are let out of the coop, Luna runs around looking at the barn and tries to lick Matlida's face like she does to Lily. But Matilda will not have that. Then we let the chickens out and Luna chases them while I feed the ducks and the geese. Luna hasn't caught a chicken yet. It will be interesting to see what she does with it. And then Luna and I take a walk to open the gate to the lower field for the sheep. Soon Luna will begin one-on-one sheep training. She won't be my puppy anymore but will belong to the sheep. I think we will still have our mornings together.

No comments:

Post a Comment