Monday, July 22, 2013

So a couple of weeks ago we gave the donkeys away.

So a couple of weekends ago we gave the donkeys away.
 
Our fencing man, Junior, told me who to contact to get the donkeys last year.
Junior came to the farm a few weeks ago because we need some more fence built.
I told him that I needed to find a good home for Jack and Jerry.
He said he might know a couple of people who would take them.
 
Junior found a nice man that has goats, horses and donkeys!
 
They came with a cattle trailer and backed it up to the corral.
John and Joe and Sara were there to help and say goodbye.
They all moved away from the corral.
Junior and Mr. Elbert watched from afar.
 
I got a bucket of oats and called to Jack and Jerry.
Jack and Jerry followed me into the corral.
John closed the gates as we passed through them.
We went into the chute that leads to the trailer.
 
Joe encouraged the donkeys forward.
 I put the feed bucket in the trailer.
Jack and Jerry followed the bucket.
(I have found most animals to be food motivated.)
Very anti-climatic.
I told Mr. Elbert that the donkeys really weren't that tame.
He said as long as they would follow a bucket, that they would all do just fine.
 
So a couple of weeks ago the donkeys found a good new home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment