Monday, July 15, 2013

Turkeys in the Rain

 So I have my first turkey story.
 
The turkeys perch each night on the top rail of an old chicken coop.
It doesn't have a roof. Just the rail at the top.
It's one of those small three hen coops I had before the farm.
(You can see it in the picture.)
 
It has been very hot and sunny here lately.
I asked my husband to help me put a tarp
over the turkey day run to provide them with a bit of shade.
That was last Tuesday.
 
Last Wednesday evening, we got a much needed rain.
Because of the ability to provide the turkeys with cover from the rain,
I moved the old chicken coop so it was under the tarp.
Wasn't that thoughtful of me?
 
I waited out the storm, lightening you know.
And then went to check on all the animals.
 
The turkeys were fine.
Except they were jumping up in the corner where the old chicken coop had been.
They were trying to get up onto something that had been moved!
 
I moved the old chicken coop back to its original position.
The turkeys jumped onto their perch.
Good night!
 
 
 
Sunning themselves after the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment