Monday, January 14, 2013

Lambs are doing fine

Well, the triplets are a week old now. I let them all out of the birthing jug three days ago to see how mother ewe would take care of Lily. When Lily cries the ewe comes for her. That is what I needed her to do. I can feed the lamb but the ewe needs to teach her to be a sheep.

Bette with her mother,
Bebe is the dark one in foreground
and Lily is the white lamb.
 
My husband and I were watching them yesterday evening and the little ones are following Bella around. Bella is the oldest lamb and a week makes such a difference in their attitude and abilities. We have a small pile of hay, not more than two feet tall, and Bella likes to play "king of the mountain". The little ones have been trying to get to the top and Bebe did yesterday. She is the biggest triplet. Lily is now chasing after them and playing. Certainly, Lily is a little more independent and follows Bella more than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment